Monday, October 30, 2006

Knit, Dye, Vote

Wow! Things have been busy ever since Wendy posted about my sock yarn. I have something like 7 skeins all commissioned to dye this afternoon. I know this may not sound like a lot to the bigger independent dyers out there, but it is for little me. Especially when I thought that I was going to gear down for the winter. Oh, well. I am enjoying the success and just how many people love my yarn and everything. I do enjoy dyeing and in fact I am adding two new yarns to my shop very shortly, which I will talk about in my next post. I would post up sock yarn pictures, but they keep disappearing from my shop, so keep an eye on my etsy shop, or request yarn from me directly if you are interested. The closest to sock yarn pics I can get is this one:


This is a really nifty tool that I use here. My husband bought me this wonderful clothing rack from Target (which I can't seem to find on their site) a couple of months ago and it has been a life saver. I used to just dry all of my skeins in the bathroom, but our bathroom doesn't seem to dry things very quickly. During the summer I had it outside where everything could dry in the great outdoors (if it didn't go on the laundry line). Now I have it in my living room with buckets underneath to catch unfortunate drips. It is really awesome and if you dye or spin it is definately worth having.



On the knitting front, I didn't think I would really have anything to share with you, but as luck would have it I do! I finished the commissioned hat and scarf set, which has made me very happy. I adapted a scarf pattern from Sarah to make the brim of the hat. I am really happy with how it turned out even if this isn't the most flattering picture of me. The hat is also a little big for me, but that is fine since the recipient's head is also larger than mine. As soon as I get it written, the pattern for the hat will be available at Knot Another Hat.
There's just one more thing I would like to add. Chrissy has started a blog that has prizes for knitters who vote, called I'm a Knitter and I Vote! I think it is really awesome and I am blogstalking it. I probably will answer the questions she posts, though, because they are very interesting. I like it because it isn't about standing on a soap box and professing your views, but more of a discussion and promotion of people, especially knitters, getting out there and voting. I hope that you will check out this site, or at the very least get out there and vote! The wonderful thing about Oregon having mail in voting is that my husband, my parent's, my brother, and myself have already voted!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Congrats on your dyeing successes!

Anonymous said...

Hey Miss Yvonne,
I think I need some sock yarn from YOU!!! Can you make something fun and Destiny LIKE.... Does that make any sense.. hhee.. You know something distinctly ME.. I Heart purple, I love the brown and pink combo too..
email me.. or I will call you soon.

Anonymous said...

Are you nuts? That's a great picture of you!

Anonymous said...

And now I see that Wendy finished your socks. They look awesome! But then, I already knew your yarn was awesome!