Monday, May 30, 2011

Lemon Cilantro Chicken

I didn't get a photo of this, but it was very delicious. To start with neither Blair nor myself are fans of cilantro, so when I found a bunch of it in our CSA box I was at a loss what to do with it. I searched around for recipes and came across one or two that looked alright. I found one for lemon cilantro chicken, but it had some bad reviews because it was too strong. So I decided to make up my own. Here it is:

1/2 cup lemon juice
1 bunch cilantro
2 T Olive Oil
Dash of Penzey's Florida Seasoned Pepper or lemon pepper



3 chicken breasts

Preheat oven to 375F (I actually started baking potatoes before I started, so they were finished with the chicken)
Mix together everything but the chicken in a food processor or blender.
Place the chicken breasts in a 9x9 dish
Pour lemon/cilantro mixture over the top.
Bake in the oven at for 25 minutes covered with aluminum foil
Remove foil, bake for an additional 25 minutes.

We had this with baked potatoes and roasted asparagus (which was also from our csa box). The recipe for the roasted asparagus can be found here, though I used Penzey's Florida Pepper on them instead of salt & pepper.

We ate 2 of the chicken breasts the first night. Then on the second night we made a salad out of mixed spring greens (from the csa box), leftover asparagus, leftover chicken, tomato, marinated artichoke hearts, and organic croutons. The dressing we used was the leftover lemon/cilantro mixture that cooked with the chicken. Both meals were very tasty. I could see doing this again when the weather is warmer, since it made such nice light meals.

No comments: