Sunday, September 17, 2006

Knitting News

Yes, I still knit, even if my blog does not seem to be reflecting that at the moment. I know that I have been knitting but I just don't feel like there is enough progress really to show, so I don't take pics. Then magically I have a whole sock done and most of a rabbit done. See what I mean:


This is the first trekking sock done. I am now keeping records of where the little sock has trekked to, kinda like the Yarn Harlot, just without all the photos. I thought it would be cool to have a log, since these socks are destined for great things and great travels. So here is the list: They went camping on the first camping trip I ever took with my husband, a day at the beach, lost of time at Knot Another Hat, and they visited the Yarn Harlot when she came to town. Not have bad for a pair of socks meant for greatness =)


Here is my magic rabbit. I know that she doesn't look like much now, but she is going to be felted and hopefully look much better. I am taking very detailed notes, so if she does turn out well then I will probably offer a pattern. I've been thinking of making a cute bunny then designing a line of clothes for her as well. I may also get to make a sheep that will be her friend.

In other yarn news: Here is the latest yarn that has been sent to us. Karen from Seattle (we have two Karens that frequent the blog) sent us a great big box of acrylic yarn (bottom left) . On top of that is a lovely box of mostly natural fibers (including wool & alpaca) from Chrissy. My bag is on top of that. On the right are donations from local people one being Cindy, who donated lots of wool from her felted bag stash. She makes amazing felted bags and is unfortunately blogless. When she saw me eyeing it she threatened that it had better make it to the middle school and that she had better see some kid out there knitting with that lamb's pride. hehehe, I don't think she has too much to worry about. Teri (also blogless) is the other person who donated the bottom box on the right, contents of which can be seen on Sarah's blog. Quite a few needles have been donated to the cause, which I think is really cool. I think there will be enough yarn by the time we are done for the students to have their choice of yarn and needle size. Thanks so much and please keep it coming!

Note: As you can see from the picture we are starting to pile the yarn in the hall. It probably will go in batches to the middle school and I am hoping that we can get some pics of it there and with the students.

Oh, and one last thing, our friend Destiny now has a blog. She home schools four boys with lots of patience and she knits. She brought her boys into the shop one day and they were actually really fascinated by what I was knitting and I chatted them up about things that boys like such as Lord of the Rings and Pirates of the Carribean. Make sure to check out her blog.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I am trying to see if I can leave a comment this way.. Let's see if it works
Destiny