Tuesday, June 20, 2006

Art Deco Bag Pattern

I finished another art deco bag not too long ago. It just took me awhile to find the right button and I think I found the perfect one. I really love this bag. It is Turquoise and green, which are my mother's favorite colors. She has tried to get this bag away from me, but I put it up on Etsy. Maybe she will get one for her birthday or Christmas. The trouble being that she likes everything I make, like a good mother, but how am I suppose to "make-it" as an artist if she ends up with all of it?


So, I named this bag Key Lime and it is now for sale up on Etsy. I am also trying something new. I have decided to sell patterns to my bag. I was originally thinking of maybe submitting it to one of the magazines, but most of them don't like it if the item has been published in anyway. As in it has been pictured up on my blog so it is considered published. So, I figured I would try selling it myself. There is a pdf copy and a paper copy for sale. I am pretty excited about this. I am going to list it in the sidebar soon and also a couple of free patterns. I made some adorable cuffs last Christmas for my grandmother that I think would make a good free pattern. I also have a set of charity knitting patterns that would be good too. We'll see in the next couple of days.

No comments: