Friday, July 04, 2008

Happy 4th of July!

Wow! It has been a pretty busy week! I had all sorts of posts planned for you guys, but unfortunately fate was against me. What happened is I uploaded a bunch of photos of things that are going to go up in the shop and here on the blog. Then I cleared off the photos on my camera, like I normally do. Then my computer stopped working and smoke started coming out of it! It was scary business. Thankfully I have my new laptop, thanks to my hubby, so computer-wise I wasn't stranded. The trouble was that I hadn't had time to transfer the photos between the two computers. So for the last week or so I have been without those photos. Thankfully my wonderful techie husband figured out that it was the power supply that had burned out and it hadn't effected my hard drives. So he got me a new power supply and my computer is good to go.


I thought I would try and get caught up on some of the projects I have finished up lately. To start with I finally finished up my husband's skull socks! I had so much difficulty with too small and then too big with this pattern that I finally gave up and turned the leg into a baby hat! My husband's legs are 11.5" around and this managed to be too big at 12" around. I figure it will fit a small newborn or a preemie. The pattern was adapted from Hello Yarn's We Call Them Pirates Hat Pattern. The yarn is Lana Grossa Cool Wool 2000 in Black and Cream. I have promised that I will make the We Call Them Pirates Hat for him instead, which I think is much more doable.

Next up is another pair of LavenderLamb Socks. The photos of all of the kits I am going to put up were one of the things that were stuck on my hard drive, so they will hopefully be up in the next week or two. I have another project I am working on for the shop that should be up before that, so stay tuned for updates. These were made from some leftover yarn for one of the ladies in my social circle that was expecting a girl. She had the little one this week, so I was so happy that I got them to her in time! She just loved them. This photo was taken by my wonderful friend Amy, who is now moving up to Seattle. I am really going to miss her! However, if you are in the Seattle area and need a really awesome photographer make sure to check her out!


Last project on my list, which was a very quick knit, is this little monster I knit up for a friend's son. He was just turned 3, so I thought it would be perfect. The pattern is Middle-Sized Monster from Mombot Companion. I knit it out of some leftover Nashua Superwash yarn that I had in the stash. The only thing I did differently was I knit the eye instead of using pre-made felt. Let me know if you would like the pattern for it!

Ok, I think that is everything for now. I hope everybody has a wonderful 4th of July and a great weekend too!

1 comment:

ahousefullofboys said...

Way too Cute projects. I think I might need to get the little monster pattern for Mr. Landon.
Happy 4th..