Friday, September 12, 2008

Thoughts...

So, I have been bad and haven't taken photos of just about anything. My two latest projects are currently in Portland at The Knit & Crochet Show. I also forgot to bring my camera yesterday to the show. I really wanted to get some photos of the setup because it was really cool. Instead I will give you a small list of my impressions of the show and set up.

-Yarn looks a lot smaller in a giant showroom than here in my living room. In my living room I felt like I was being overwhelmed by the huge amount of yarn. When I got all of it to the show it all fit snuggly into the display and looked like nothing at all. Don't get me wrong there is plenty of yarn to be had, but it just amazed me how much smaller it looked there.

-It is a small world. One of the girls that took my dye class last year is now a dyer. This was her first show to sell yarn too. I thought it was pretty cool that I had influenced another person into the dyeing world.

-Chrissy and Donna know a lot of people. It seemed every time we turned around they ran into another person that they knew. I knew a few people as well, but not nearly as many as they did.

-At one point I noticed that on one side of me was Janet Szabo and on the other was Judy Becker. It was a little surreal and completely awesome to see such famous knitters all in one place. Also, see point above.

Ok, those are all of my observations for now.

Coming Soon:
-Pretty purchases from The Knit & Crochet Show!
-New patterns from Gardiner Yarn Works!
-Soap!
-and more!