Friday, September 05, 2008

Hubby Interview!

I have seen this on quite a few blogs and thought that I would try it out too! I personally think it is funny. Though as one little note before the interview: I have taught my hubby to knit, so he is technically a knitter too.

Me: What is your favorite thing about my knitting?

Blair: Socks for me! but I've only got one pair. It also puts you at ease.

Me: What is your least favorite thing about my knitting?

B: Not supposed to say. The stash...but I'm not supposed to say it.

Me: What is something I have knitted, that you recall as good?

B: My Socks!

Me: Do you think knitters have an expensive hobby?

B: Sometimes I wonder...It's not video games. Not too terrible.

Me: Do you have any hobbies?

B: Messing on my computer.

Me: Do you have a stash of any kind?

B: Yeah! Stash of yarn, of computer parts, and pens.

Me: Have I ever embarrassed you, knitting in public?

B: No. I think it is cool. I think I would embarrass myself before you would embarrass me.

Me: Do you know my favorite kind of yarn?

B: I think it is an alpaca wool blend, um, sock yarn. (Actually the magic word is cashmere, but that's ok, I'll accept alpaca and sock yarn too)

Me: Can you name another knitting blog?

B: Wendy Knits, Yarn Harlot, Red Shirt Knitting, and I'm sure there are more...

Me: Do you mind my wanting to stop at knit shops wherever we go?

B: Sometimes.

Me: Do you understand the importance of a swatch?

B: Yes. It prevents lunacy later. Those who do not swatch are bound to failure.

Me: Do you read my blog?

B: I do from time to time.

Me: Have you ever left a comment?

B: Of Course!

Me: Do you think the house would be cleaner if I didn’t knit?

B: No Comment (As he looks around the living room that is filled with my yarn business, um, yeah...)

Me: Anything you’d like to add?

B: I want more socks!

So this interview reminded me of a funny/cute story. So, since I taught Blair to knit he does indeed have his own yarn stash. As soon as he finishes the socks he has been knitting for me for the past year and a half then he can knit more from his stash. On top of that stash he has a stash of sock yarn for me to knit him socks. This came about when a yarn store in Portland went out of business and they had a big yarn sale. I couldn't make it to the sale because I had to work that weekend. So I asked Blair to go instead with a careful list of acceptable yarns. He did pretty good getting me lots of Noro and pretty sock yarn. However as repayment for doing this he bought a small stash of manly sock yarns with the hope that I would knit him more socks. Since then whenever I go on a yarn shopping spree I try to buy at least one skein of yarn to add to his sock yarn stash.

2 comments:

Bubblesknits said...

I think having your yarn business in the living room is a good thing. If anyone falls down, they're bound to land on something soft, right? ;-) Oh, the excuses I come up with. lol

LavenderSheep said...

Sounds like a good excuse to me! I'll have to tell my husband that one =)