Thursday, February 09, 2006

First Sweater & Updates

Finally I have gotten pics up of my first sweater that fits me. I have done a few baby sweaters so I thought that it was time that I made my own sweater. This sweater is far more flattering when I am standing in a better pose and it is really super soft. It is made from Debbie Bliss Baby Cashmerino on size 4s and is from The Knitter's Handy book of Sweater Patterns. I modified it a little so that the sleeves are a different color and I added the motif to the sleeves. I really love this sweater, it is super comfortable and it is machine washable. Yay!



















My other big endeavor is that I joined Team Knot Another Hat. I believe that I can join all teams that apply and this one certainly does. This team was started by our LYS Knot Another Hat and is offering $10 gift certificates to every member that finishes their project on time. We are going to meet the Wednesday following the olympic deadline and have a big show and tell night with all of the projects. The only requirements for joining are that you live in the Columbia River Basin and that you sign up through Knot Another Hat in person or by calling. For more information click on the link. So, here is the button for Team Knot Another Hat:







On top of that I have just posted up on ebay this very lovely Dew Retted Flax from Belgium. Yes, I know that I have been taught to spin flax and that I can indeed do it, but I honestly don't see myself doing it anytime soon. I am so far resisting the urge to get rid of my organic cotton, which is very lovely, but I hate spinning cotton. It might end up on ebay soon, I just haven't decided. Ebay is one sure fire way of stash busting, even if it is difficult to let go of things.

1 comment:

Sara M said...

that is an amazing sweater, darlin'! Sorry for the belated kudos, sick right now.