Sunday, September 04, 2011

Silk Hanky Mitts

It has been such a busy summer, what with shows, travel, and fun! I suddenly realized I never posted the finished Silk Hanky Mitts (rav link). So here they are:


The pattern is the Seeded Rib Wristwarmers. One silk hanky makes 3 mitts! Which means with 2 hankies you can get 3 pairs of mitts!


They turned out super soft and lightweight, but sturdy. I had a lot of fun with the process. If you want a look back I did a tutorial on how to turn a silk hanky into spinning fiber or yarn here. The silk was very easy to knit with. Also, if you don't want to sew in any ends overlap the last couple inches of fiber with the next couple inches of fiber. You can knit the ends right in and because the yarn is naturally thick & thin it doesn't show one bit. I was so happy to get through this project and not have to sew in any ends at all!

No comments: