Saturday, January 01, 2011

Happy New Year!

Let's see, I have lots to catch up, but I think I will just try and post the last projects from the last year to wrap up.



First up I knit 2 more Chibi Totoros. A blue one (rav link) for my mom and a brown one (rav link) for her twin sister for Christmas. I still haven't figured out how to do the eyes correctly. I also have no idea why the brown one looks like he is really angry because he doesn't look that way in real life. They were both very appreciated, which makes this knitter very happy. I used the same pattern as the white one I did for our tree.. It's a free pattern on Ravelry. I also used the same yarn, Dale of Norway Baby Ull, only in colors 5701 Pale Blue and 2232 Tan.

The other project I finished was a Red Cthulu dice bag (rav link) for our friend Aaron. He requested one when I made the green one back in September, so I thought I could do it before Christmas. I really like how it turned out and it was a big hit for him as well. The pattern is a free pattern online. I only made one modification and that was to have a round bottom instead of a square one. I posted the modifications on Ravelry, so you can check them out there or leave me a comment and I'll post them there. The yarn I used was Cascade 220 Superwash in colors 815 Black and 1909 Ruby Heather. I don't think it needs to be superwash, but I had some leftover so that's what I used

I also finished a sweater for X last night at 10pm. I haven't had a chance to get a photo of it. In fact today was rather busy with the opening of registration for classes for the Columbia Gorge Fiber Festival! There is still plenty of spaces available. So far I'm keeping on top of everything from questions to updating the website as registration notices come in. Make sure to check it out if you haven't already!

No comments: