Tuesday, June 24, 2008

Black Sheep Gathering!

On Friday Blair took the day off so he could take me down to Black Sheep Gathering. It was a blast to go and see all the cool vendors and buy some pretty pretty stuff! I didn't get too many pictures, because I was soo busy looking at everything!


I saw some pretty cool people while I was there. I, of course, had to hit the Blue Moon booth and check out Dicentra Designs. She actually had 30% off on some of her roving! Who could pass that up? Though the highlight of my trip was meeting Sandy Sitzman, who is the dyer for Woolgatherings, a long time favorite. Her claim to fame is that she is featured in The Twisted Sisters Sock book and is the designer of the Zylie Cardigan that is on the cover of The Twisted Sisters Sweater book. If you remember back I knit that same cardigan for Sarah's daughter for Christmas. Sandy even recognized who I was, since we had chatted back and forth about the sweater as I knit it and when it was finished. It was so cool!


Of course I got plenty of loot! I bought a lot of stuff for me this year. There are two skeins of Blue Moon Sock yarn. Lots of dyed stuff from various vendors. In the back, in the bags, is a shetland/merino blend that is simply wonderful and grown here locally right out of The Dalles by Sporfarm. It is in blue and in purple. I plan on spinning it up and plying it together to make a sweater for me! My absolute splurge is the soft brown in the front. It is 50% yak and 50% silk! It is super yummy and soft! My husband said with all of these purchases that I had better get spinning and he is quite right!

One last special thing: for my birthday my husband bought me a laptop computer, so I can now do business on the go! He also suggested decorating it with stickers to personalize it. So I got a few from the different vendors at Black Sheep and a couple from my alma mater.

One last last thing: The new shop website is up! Check it out! I should have a full post up later!

2 comments:

Tina T-P said...

Oh yes, that yak/silk blend is very yummy and so soft - wouldn't think it, would you? Everything else you got looks like you are going to be having some fun with your wheel :-) T.

knitseashore said...

Yak?! I didn't know that was a fiber choice. Looking forward to hearing how you like it. Congratulations on your new computer!