Thursday, December 27, 2007

Mystery Project Revealed!

So now that it is after Christmas I can reveal the Mystery Project!


Well, it is a sweater that I knit up for Sarah's daughter for Christmas. It is Sandy's Cardigan for Zylie from The Twisted Sisters Sweater Book. It is the sweater on the front cover, only with my own take on the colors. Just think that the whole thing started out as white superwash roving! I dyed it, spun it, and knit it. I am also feeling quite proud of myself for knitting it. It was a lot of fun. Anyway, on to more pictures:

Here is the front

The back

Left Sleeve

Right Sleeve

Believe me I tried to take as many photos as I could, because it is so pretty It was a lot of work and it needs a couple of corrections to the pattern, like the BO for the sleeve opening should be 25 sts, not 51. I ended up emailing Lynne Vogel, who was more than happy to answer all of questions and corrections! I also kept running out of yarn, but that could be because I decided to use 6s, instead of 8s. However, I did love knitting it. It was fast (as long as I had yarn) and was exciting to see how the colors changed and mixed together. I could see myself knitting it again someday!

7 comments:

Penny said...

Such Fun!!! What a lucky little girl. :)

wow.

Lynne said...

Awesome, awesome, awesome! Beautiful work.

Lynne

LORI LAWSON said...

What a beautiful job on the Zylie sweater!!

Sandy said...

Gorgeous! I love the colors you chose and how they came together!

Sandy (Zylie's gramma)

Anonymous said...

The sweater is wonderful. I can see Campbell "strutting her stuff" in it. And...it's going to look great on Mallory when the time comes. Teri

Sabrina Hirsch said...

Vonnie, that cardi is AMAZING!

Bubblesknits said...

That sweater is gorgeous!