Wednesday, December 26, 2007

Merry Christmas!

I had a very Merry Christmas for the past 2 days. I got a lot of gifts, so I thought I would share my knitting related gifts:


My dear Blair got me Stupid Sock Creatures and Dyeing to Knit. He got them off of my Amazon wish list and I am so thrilled. I first saw Stupid Sock Creatures on the Blue Blog and just loved it. With all the kids around I am sure to put the book to good use. Dyeing to Knit is one that I have wanted for awhile. I like how it has all sorts of colors, color theory, and even patterns. I definitely think that I will get some inspiration from this book

My parents got me a the first set of the new Miss Marple series. I am totally addicted to this series. Geraldine McEwan is definitely the best Miss Marple ever. I am a huge fan of Agatha Christie. I am sure that these dvds will get me through plenty of knitting. Not to mention that her knitting is quite inspirational too.

I also got some awesome things from my friends down at Knot Another Hat. I just forgot to take pictures of them while I still had daylight. All I can say is that the ladies down there rock and I am glad to be friends with each one of them!

I also have a couple of projects that I finished up in time for Christmas:

These socks I made for my mother. I just love the color combination! The yarn is Skinny Duet, though I can't seem to find the color name anywhere. The label disappeared too quickly!

I also finished up this baby surprise jacket for Destiny and her surprise baby. I went with neutral colors, because when I picked it out I didn't know the sex of the baby. Of course that changed as soon as I was working away on the project. So I will need to knit something specific in the new year. I also know 2 other ladies that are expecting this next year, so I see quite a bit of baby knitting in my future. This baby surprise jacket was knit out of Lorna's Laces Shepherd Worsted in color Lakeview on size 8s. I adjusted the gauge so that it would be a newborn size. So, other than ripping it a couple of times, because I don't seem to "get" the patterns quite as easily as everyone else, I think that it was a great knit. I might even try it again.

1 comment:

ahousefullofboys said...

Thank you soooo much for the BSJ for the wee little Whitaker.. It amazes me to think that it could fit a real life baby. The newborn clothes look like such doll clothes to me every baby.. The rest of the troops are enjoying their gifts as well. Austyn is quickly finishing his current book to DIVE into the NEW one.. Thanks again..