Tuesday, June 17, 2008

Panda Silk Sock!

I just wanted to start out by saying thank you to everybody! Thank you all who left me Happy Birthday wishes, I really appreciated it! Also a big thank you to my husband for posting from North Carolina! He is now home safe and sound! He brought me pretty yarn and a promise to go to Black Sheep Gathering next weekend. So plenty of yarn and fiber in my future!


My husband also sent me flowers on my birthday. I think they are so pretty, so I thought I would share them with you guys! Ok, so on to the rest of this post:


Panda Silk Sock Yarn! Yay! So, of course, I couldn't just get the Panda Sock yarn without getting the new Panda Silk sock yarn. It is sooo pretty. I just love the way that it takes the dye. It is such a nice round and soft sock yarn. It is 52% Bamboo / 43% Superwash Merino Wool / 5% Combed Silk.

If you notice the Panda Silk has Superwash Merino (whereas the Panda Sock just has wool), which means it should definitely be machine washable. I am going to do some samples and wash them up soon, just to check it all out. I don't have the heart to try it out with my baby socks, but some plain samples should be fine. I don't think that the Panda will really felt, but I am curious to see how it will bloom when washed.


Here is another bitty baby sock. This one is knit out of the Panda Silk, of course, in color Citrus. The yarn was very fun to knit up and the sock went very quickly. I have named the pattern LavenderLamb Sock, since it is for babies 0-6 month. More on them later...

1 comment:

Ruby Banshee said...

I love that Panda Silk Citrus color! I guess I'll go knit through my stashed sock yarn, so I can justify buying some more soon!!!