Monday, August 28, 2006

Odds & Ends

There are just a few odds and ends that I have been meaning to talk about, but keep forgetting.


Podcasts: It seems like quite a few of the podcasts out there have not been updating. My hope is that they are just taking a break for the summer and will be back when it is fall again. I have, however, found two new ones that will be in the sidebar as well. I found Lime & Violet from listening to Cast-On and I think it is rather interesting. They seem to be updating regularly, so I hope that it will keep going like that. The second one that I found is Pixie Purls. I have read her blog every so often and it is really cute, I love her icon. Her podcast is really cute as well and I have enjoyed listening to it so far.

Interesting Websites: I found a couple of interesting websites while surfing around yesterday. One is Whipup.net, which I am sure that many of you already know about. They have a really cool article that is a must read if you are dyeing your own yarn with commercial dyes. It is by Sweet Georgia, which I read her blog as well. Another site that was linked off of there was Print & Pattern, which has tons of pictures of nothing but patterned and textured objects. It is really inspirational and a good way to get a mind full of color ideas.

In knitting news: I am almost done with my Sherbet Socks, but haven't taken pictures yet. I want to get it done before the end of the month so that it counts for Sock-A-Month 2. I also started my felted rabbit, which is making me very happy. My goal is to make it baby size so that I can dress it and have a good excuse to make tiny baby things =).

In Shop news: I am going to have a 20% off all of my handmade felted bags through the month of September. You can check them out at lavendersheep.etsy.com.

In Other news: Sarah has found a home for her summer top that she had so much trouble with. My mother came into the shop and all the tops that looked not quite right on Sarah or myself, looked awesome on my mother. You can see for yourself in this post on Sarah's Blog.

In Other Other News: The fire is well under control. It is 75% contained, which is great news for us. They now have a picture of the fire on their website.

2 comments:

YarnB said...

Thanks for the comments on my blog! I wanted to stop by and see yours and I'll put you on my bloglines list....... I don't have your email or I would have written you back!

Pixiepurls said...

I'm glad your enjoying some new podcasts :)