Sunday, August 20, 2006

Garterlac Revisited, PIF & Fire on the Mountain

Ok, I have been holding off on posting until I got this lovely done:


I really wanted to see what would happen if I made a garterlac washcloth without the side triangles. It is actually rather simple once it gets going. Of course I had to frog parts of it a couple of times, but I think I have a pattern. I'll post it as soon as I get it written up. I have lots of notes and I'm pretty sure that it will be straight forward. It was quite an adventure. My big reason for knitting this was to decide about my bathroom rug. I think in the end that I will make one with the side triangles, because I think the lovely shapely sides will curl up if they are left on the floor and walked on for any period of time. It makes a lovely washcloth though.


One of the things that I have been waiting to post is this awesome package that I got from Sarah (she actually sent it through the mail!). Sarah decided to start sending out packages for Pay It Forward. She sent me this ball of Opal Solid (great for lace socks) and Meilenweit Inca for another beautiful pair of self striping socks. Ooh, I'm excited to knit these. Yay! I already have at least three people to pay it forward too. I'm pretty excited about that too.


In other news: it is really really smoky out today. I actually had to close all the windows to keep the smoke out. It's about like camping, lots of wood smoke. The picture above is hazy from the smoke, not from glare! It is also a picture to the North, when the fire is to the South of us!

Compare it to this picture taken in June. So nice and clear and not smoky! The fire is about 35% contained, but they are saying that we will be seeing smoke into October. Ugh! Maybe the wind will shift and send it back towards Mt. Hood again.

In other knitting news: I have been in a design mood lately. I have designed two sweaters and a rabbit in the last week. I haven't decided entirely what is going to be done with them yet, but I will keep you posted.

1 comment:

Dave said...

Very cool!! I like it. :-)