Sunday, August 06, 2006

In Progress

I just seem to be busy with everything. Though, I do feel proud that I have actually gotten some progress done on my knit projects, though not as much as I would like. I have also been in a designing mood, so we shall see what fruits will come of it.

Here is the ongoing Summer Sherbet Sock. I really love the cheery colors in these socks, they will cheer me up all winter long. They are made out of lana grossa meilenweit cotton fun & stripes. I had hoped that I would get them done by the end of July so that they could be counted as Sock-A-Month, but I guess they will just have to become part of Sock A Month 2, which I have joined joyfully. See the new button:

This will be in the sidebar soon. It will probably replace the first Sock-A-Month Button.

Next up is a sock that I am making as a store model for Knot Another Hat. The pattern is from Sensational Knitted Socks and it is called Ribbed Lace. It is an 8-stitch repeat and a 24-row repeat. It is definately one that I can't memorize, but on the bright side it only takes 3 repeats to get to the heel. It also is really gorgeous and I was surprised how lacy it is. I might have to try them on when they are done to show just how lacy they are. They are made out of Opal Solids color #1264, which really brings out the complex texture.


Finally, this is a feather and fan scarf for my One Skein Pal. Since I haven't posted up the other packages, I thought that I could get away with showing my progress on this gorgeous scarf. I really love it. It is out of my handspun beaded mohair. It is actually the first time that I have ever knit with my own beaded handspun, since it usually sells really well. It's fun to knit with it myself. I just have to tuck the little beads through to the front side every so often. I also think that it will need to be blocked before it is sent off. Overall, I think that my pal will like it. I like it and I'm not even a huge fan of fall colors!

1 comment:

Karen said...

I didn't manage to finish my July socks either. :( I guess we should cut ourselves some slack in the summer though. It was cool to click over here and see the Sock-A-Month 2 button I made for Chrissy - it always gives me a little thrill to see my buttons around. LOL