Friday, May 05, 2006

Sockaploooza Finale

Well, Sockaploooza is pretty near finished. I still haven't received my socks, but my sockpal has. You have to check out her blog, because it is super cool. I like reading it because she posts quite a bit, writes about interesting things, and she just got back from Europe. I am going to add her blog to the sidebar too, because I am quite hooked on reading it. Oh, and she loved the socks, really really loved them! I am so happy about that, because I put a lot of effort into it and it is nice to be appreciated =). This is part of why I like Christmas is because I can plan out things for other people.


Here is what I sent her. On top of sending the socks and the sock yarn I also found little point protectors in red socks and a mini circular like what I used on her socks. I love mini-circ's because they can be used for so many things and they avoid using dpns, which I prefer to do. Though, I am sort of getting used to using them because I am using size 2 dpns for the KAH store socks that I am working on.

I also noticed that I haven't posted the specs on the socks for all the new people that will be coming to visit. The socks are from Socks Socks Socks and the pattern is called Harry's Socks. I personally don't like the name, though I understand that the designer designed them for her husband and they are named after him. I personally liked when my Sock Sister Erin named them The Socks Socks because they have "Socks" written on the heel. The main color is my handspun from Winderwood Farms (they have promised to look into stocking more, otherwise I will have to wait until fall) it is 70% Superwash and 30% Tencel. I got a lot of people asking me if it was silk because of how it felt and looked. The contrasting colors or the solids are Debbie Bliss Baby Cashmerino and it is a really awesome sock yarn. Actually it is a really awesome yarn all around, but it did work really well for this particular project. I think that is all of the specs I can think of, but please feel free to ask questions.

Coming soon: Can we say handpainted novelty yarn?!!

No comments: