Sunday, May 14, 2006

Happy Mother's Day!


Today is such a bright and beautiful day. A perfect day to go out and celebrate our mothers. I just love mother's day, but that might be because I have an awesome mother, that may drive me crazy from time to time, but that really loves me. I know that she will be really happy with what my husband and I picked out for her. Actually the flowers are not for her. We got her a gift certificate to her favorite plant shop, which will get her in the door and drive my father crazy. My mother loves to plant shop! The flowers are actually for my mother's twin sister. She doesn't have any children of her own, so I thought that it would be a nice gesture to get her flowers for it anyway. That way she won't feel left out. Also, I heard her admire my geraniums, so I know that she will like these.

Ah, look I'm knitting baby booties! Ah, the pitter patter of little tiny feet. No, they aren't for me (sigh). These are actually for my grandmother (which sounds even funnier). My grandmother is the one that taught me to knit several years ago has since developed rheumatoid arthritis and can no longer knit. This is really really sad to me as it is to all knitters the idea of no longer being able to knit. So, there is a lady that works at her retirement home that is going to have a baby. Now, grandma, sweet lady that she is, is also starting to loose her mental capabilities. She called up my mother and because the lady is going to have a baby shower she told my mother that I could just whip up a baby blanket in a couple of days. Ok, now there are a couple of things wrong with this, first of all I may be a fairly decent knitter, but no blanket could possibly appear "in a couple of days." Second, knitting baby blankets has absolutely no appeal to me what so ever. I completely understand that other people love to make them and they do an absolutely wonderful job, but so far I don't have the urge at all. Mom and I managed to talk her down to baby booties. These baby booties are from Dale of Norway Soft Treasures and they are being knit with Debbie Bliss Baby Cashmerino. I have already had to rip them out once because I some how managed to miss the step that makes the little eyelet round for the ribbon to go through. I think it is going pretty well now and will shortly have both of them up for show and tell. Anyway, a happy mother's day to everyone out there!

No comments: