Monday, March 19, 2012

Strawberries!

Before I officially knew I was going to have a girl, I started a little strawberry hat for my baby. I had some idea it would be a girl, but figured red is a boy color, right?


I really love the berry hat (rav link). The hat is the standard Fruit Cap pattern by Ann Norling. I was so inspired I had to make a pair of matching baby mitts. Of course, I have already managed to lose one of them before I could photograph the set. Thankfully I have enough leftover yarn to make another one! The yarn is Debbie Bliss Cashmerino Aran for the red and Cascade 220 Superwash in Celery, leftover from the Peapod sweater. I'm happy to say that all the yarn was from stash! I am planning on writing up a pattern for the little mitts, as well as a couple ideas I have for new strawberry hats. So many possibilities!

No comments: