Wednesday, February 08, 2012

Workshop Wednesdays: Turkish Drop Spindle

Last year Turkish Drop Spindle was a huge success! The class filled up and there was a waiting list to get in! I promised this year there would be two sessions and now there are! There is one Saturday Morning and one Sunday Morning. In addition Wanda Jenkins and her husband Ed are going to have a booth in the Marketplace sharing with New Hues Handspuns! I'm so excited to have them as a new edition, their spindles are so beautiful!

What can I say about Wanda? Well, she is an incredible teacher. I have seen her demo Turkish Spindling both at Black Sheep and Sock Summit for what seem like hours on end and never tire out. She always has a smile on her face and a spindle in her hands. After her class last year she came and chatted with me for awhile in my booth and it was loads of fun!

So, what is the benefit of taking her class versus learning from her in the booth? Well I would say the one on one time only a classroom can give. Whenever I see Wanda at a show she has multiple people crowded around her trying to see what she is doing. Her classes are limited to 10 people, by her request, so there is plenty of time for each person to ask questions and learn how to spin. Definitely a big bonus!

For more information, check out: Turkish Drop Spindle (both time slots are listed on that page)

No comments: