Monday, February 20, 2012

Upgrade!

I wanted to share a little upgrade I got this year for Christmas:


This is an Mini Spinner made by Hansen Crafts. I was talking to Blair about how difficult it is to spin on my regular spinning wheel because our toddler likes to play with it so much. I also really have wanted a small wheel to take to shows as well. I love my Lendrum, but it takes up quite a bit of room in the car. Room which could fit more yarn to sell, so it usually gets left behind.


The solution was this small electric wheel. It can fit in a small bag for travel and, thanks to the addition of a portable battery, can spin anywhere I need to go. I love it! I can spin while watching tv in the evenings and the yarn comes out very pretty and even.


This is the first skein I spun on it out of some BFL/Silk roving which came with it from Abstract Fiber. I definitely will need to get some more of this from them at the CGFF! The only downside I have found is I do miss my Lendrum for the whole body experience. I love the rhythm of my feet mixing with the rhythm of my hands to make pretty yarn. For now, until both my babies are much older, I will use this little upgrade to turn lovely fiber into lovely yarn. I'm sure you will see some of the production from this in the near future as I add more handspun to the shop. I should also have it with me at shows for a little spinning action! So make sure to stop by and say hi and check it out!

No comments: