Monday, February 27, 2012

Moonstruck Cardigan & Forest Canopy Cowl

I am definitely playing a little catch up, but I think it's worth it:


I finished my Moonstruck Cardigan (rav link) on January 2nd. It's my first official FO of 2012! I am so proud of it. I love this sweater so very much. I wear it every Sunday when I go to knitting. It is so warm and stylish, which is perfect for these still cold January / February days. I ended up using every bit of my Peru yarn. In fact I had to bind off a couple of rows short on the collar because I ran out of yarn. I have plenty of the Woobu left from Blue Moon. I just need to figure out what I want to do with it. There is definitely plenty to make a hat or something. So I will put it in the stash for now. 


One thing I realized when I started wearing my Moonstruck Cardigan was that my cowl was too short. The cardigan comes down pretty low, leaving a gap between the cowl and the sweater. I searched through my favorite patterns on Ravelry and then through my stash and came up with this combination. The yarn is Manos Silk, which I purchased a few years ago when I did the shop hop with the Tigard Knitting Guild. The pattern is the Forest Canopy Cowl (rav link). I knit the Forest Canopy Shawl a few years ago and taught a class on it at Knot Another Hat. I really loved the pattern, but rarely wear shawls. So it was nice to see the cowl version. I definitely love how it turned out. Though it is now getting warm enough I will have to put it away until next winter. 


Here is the cowl with the sweater, just so you can see the overall effect. I'm hoping one of these days to get Blair to take a photo of me wearing both, though it may not happen until next fall!

No comments: