Monday, March 14, 2011

To Be Discontinued...

These past couple of months have been the worst for yarn. There has been a lot of upheaval. Pretty much all of my yarn bases have gone up in price. Some so high I have decided to discontinue them. Such as the Silk Sport yarn, which is a gorgeous 100% silk sport weight yarn. You can now find it all on the sale page. Other yarns have been discontinued before I even was able to bring them on, such as the Cashmere fingering and DK I showed you guys back in January. (I did manage to get 20 skeins of the Cashmere DK before they were gone, I just need to get them dyed up.) It will be replaced by a Cashmere Silk Blend sometime this spring, which I will definitely be looking at once it is available. The latest to meet the chopping block is this yarn:






This post was supposed to be about how much I love this yarn. It is the featured yarn in Chrissy Gardiner's CSK for the month of April. I dyed the colorway specifically for the book. It is named Owen, after Chrissy's son and my friend Lorajean of Knitted Wit's son. It reminds me of comfy jeans and playing in the dirt. I did have plenty to dye up for the CSK. However it means this week I am dyeing up the colorway, which will still be featured in the book, on a couple of different bases, so a new, not discontinued yarn, will be featured in the book. So, if you love the Panda Superwash Sock as much as I do, make sure to buy a skein or 2 from the shop before they are gone!

I'm hoping from here on out everything will even out and go smoothly in my little yarn world! Next Saturday is the Abernethy Spring Sale! I will be there all day from 10am - 4pm! I hope to see you there!

1 comment:

Lorajean Kelley said...

I have to get a skein of Owen!! Will you bring one to the grange sale?! I love it! Also, do you have a skein of undyed 100% silk? My aunt wants me to dye up something with out wool. Wow, we have much to catch up on it would appear with the wool world going crazy. Did you get info from Stev about the white line? I'll see you Saturday!