Thursday, March 31, 2011

Sweater & Sock

I figure at the current rate I am going I am never going to catch up on all the knitting I have been doing, among other things! So today is a twofer!


First up, I finished the Willie Sweater (Rav link). I was short 2 buttons from my stash, so a quick trip to the Button Emporium and I was on my way. I love this sweater! It is super cute on X. He wears it all the time! I especially love the added ear, which I ended up tacking down to keep it laying flat. I definitely plan on knitting another one of these in a bigger size when X grows out of it. I knit it out of Debbie Bliss DK, doubled to make the chunky weight. The colors I used were 041-Dusky Blue, 019-Petrol Blue, and 021-Chocolate Brown.


The second project I finished is another booth sample. This is the Cabled Lace Sock by Gardiner Yarn Works. I knit it out of my new Cashmere Blend Sock Yarn in color Summer Sky. What I love about this yarn is the cashmere makes it feel super soft and the added nylon makes it feel super strong. I know these socks would stand up to a lot of wear! I also love the stitch definition this yarn has. I definitely plan on knitting more things out of it. I can see where it would be wonderful for baby clothes or a scarf/shawl.

No comments: