Thursday, November 15, 2007

Look! Knitting!

So, business is good, but busy busy busy! Thankfully I have had a bit of time to knit!

I have finished a 2nd square on the Great American Aran Afghan. I definitely have lost my motivation for this project, but maybe I will get it back after the holidays. I am planning on casting on the next square, just to at least get those garter rows started. I am knitting it out of Cascade 220 Color#8010 Natural and Garnstudio Glitter Color #01 Gold.

Next up I started a cable headband in Jennifer Hagan's class. She is an incredible knitwear designer. This pattern is only available in her class, which is well worth taking. I highly recommend if you get the chance to meet her to go and do it, she is a lot of fun. Her pattern line is Figheadh. I am knitting this out of Cascade 220 in color #9404 Ruby.

Sticking with the cable theme, I started this cable mitten in my mitten class. This is technically the 2nd mitten. I knit the 1st one in my 1st mitten class way back in January. You can tell that this one is the 2nd one because the thumb is on the other side. I just looked at the old picture and it is the exact same spot as this one. That is sad, but funny too. Well, when I get them both done I'll show you the completed pair. These are intended for my Blair, so hopefully I can get them done soon since the weather has turned a little chilly. I am knitting these mittens out of Nashua Superwash Color #0034 Olive.


Ok, so something not cabled! I am knitting pears for my grandmother for Christmas and stash busting at the same time. I got the red one done and I had green in my stash, but I didn't have any yellow. I put out the word that I needed just a little bit of yellow to make one bitty pear and my friend Jill came to the rescue! Now I will have the perfect set of pears! I'm also going to make a felted bowl to put all of them in, I just need to experiment first. All three of these are knit out of Cascade 220, with some odds and ends I had on hand.


Lastly I have started these adorable socks. They are knit out of duet sock yarn. I just love that the heels and toes are going to be solid! It is giving me ideas of dyeing up solid color yarns for my own shop, maybe in 50gram skeins...Maybe even semi solids...so many ideas so little time =)

No comments: