Monday, November 26, 2007

Happy belated Thanksgiving

I hope everyone had a very awesome Thanksgiving. Mine went pretty well.


I cooked up quite a bit, but only managed to get a photo of this really awesome Pumpkin Bundt Cake with Streusel center. It is so easy to make, it looks gorgeous, and tastes absolutely scrumptious. I also made my first aspic salad from my grandmother's recipe, but I didn't get a photo, so I will try again for Christmas and share it then.


The really special thing about this Thanksgiving is that my grandmother came to dinner. This is the first Thanksgiving since my grandfather passed away. Last year we had a big family gathering with both of them. This year all of the family was going in different directions, so my parents invited her to dinner. I think she had a pretty good time. I just couldn't stand the thought of her sitting all alone in her room for Thanksgiving dinner. Hopefully she will come for Christmas too!

2 comments:

knitseashore said...

Congratulations on getting your yarn in so many new shops!

I'm glad that your grandmother could join you for Thanksgiving. I'm sure she appreciated being with you all during what is a tough time, those "firsts" without your grandfather.

Anonymous said...

What a blessing to be able to enjoy your grandmother's companionship for the holiday. Lynn and I are looking forward to our class. Teri