Friday, July 13, 2007

What a Heel!

I have been having heel issues lately:


First up are these adorable baby booties from the Dale of Norway Soft Treasures book. I knit them out of Debbie Bliss Baby Cashmerino Color #700 red. I made the first one, then put off making the second one for, oh say, about a month. A big mistake. Apparently I read the directions wrong, so when I went back I read the pattern the right way and the heel was different. It took me something like 3 tries to get the heel looking the same as the first one. They have been gifted to Sarah for little baby M.


Next up is my Mine, Don't Touch! socks. They are knit out of my Mine, Don't Touch! Superwash Fingering Sock yarn, of course! Currently they have a heel, but not for much longer. The first one fits perfectly and is done. I wrote down the numbers and everything, but then I "borrowed" the counter from this one for another project, so I guessed that it was long enough to start the heel. It is just a tiny bit too small, so I need to rip back the heel and add a couple more rows. Thankfully they are mine, so I can take my time with them.


Next up are the Sockaplooza 4 socks. At first I thought that I would give them a traditional short row heel. I love doing short row heels. I started it in the Mountain Sunset yarn (the pink), but I really didn't like how it looked. It was really too bold. So, I have started a new heel flap with a slip stitch pattern. They are quite gorgeous. I'll update again when I get the heel done. Ok, that last part was written earlier. The slip st pattern was way too busy. So, I am onto heel try #3 on these as well.


Lastly, I have been working on this lovely Moebius bag. I started it around Christmas. It is my only project without heel problems at the moment. Of course it doesn't have a heel, so that might help. It is fun because it is knit around and around on big needles. There is something very peaceful about a mindless knit. I'm still debating if this last ball will be enough or if I will need another one. It is knit out of Dive Teseo in Color #21763 Riviera Blue.

1 comment:

Quail Hill Knits said...

I see you are using two circular needles to knit your socks. I am jealous. I am having issues learning that technique........