Tuesday, July 31, 2007

In Passing, part 2

Thank you all for your kind words. They mean a lot to me.

(Note: this post refers to the weekend of July 21st)

No where near the same magnitude of my grandfather passing is the passing of one of my favorite yarn shops, Lint. This will definitely have knitting related content.

I guess I am so sad to see Lint pass out of existence because the shop is only 4 years old. My own shop that I work for is only just over 2. I guess it really hits home to me because Lint has always felt like the Portland version of Knot Another Hat. Could our shop go the same way in another 2 years? I most certainly hope not and will do everything in my power to make sure it doesn't, but a lot of things can happen in 2 years...

Anyway, all this sadness most certainly hasn't crushed my desire to buy yarn at a really great discount. All of this was bought before my grandfather went into the hospital, so no it wasn't a big shopping spree to make myself feel better.

First off, this is the yarn that I purchased before they had their sale. I knew I wasn't going to be able to make it to the sale because I had to work Friday, Saturday, and Sunday, so I did the next best thing. I went the weekend before and picked out somethings that I knew would go pretty fast. Then I had my husband take notes of different yarn brands and I sent him instead on Saturday. He is a saint!


This is the stash that he got me: Koigu, Noro, Lamb's Pride and Debbie Bliss. What more could a girl ask for?


This is what he got for himself. Enough sock yarn for 4 pairs of socks, with the hint that perhaps I could knit these up for him for all of the trouble he went through for me. (He also picked up the last Harry Potter book and let me read it all before he did). I suppose I can knit up a few pairs of socks for such kind devotion!


One last sale thing that I got, is I got my books from The Hurt Book Sale, run by Interweave. They even gave me an extra discount because I bought both Scarf Style and Wrap Style together. The sales are always rather hectic and I about cried because they had the Alice and Jade Starmore's Children's book on there for $10 and I was too late to get it. How cruel is that? If you want to know when the next Hurt Book Sale is, sign up for Knitting Daily, that's how I found out.

4 comments:

Penny said...

{hugs} what wonderful things.

(maybe that means my hurt book purchases will arrive soon... did you wait 3 weeks?)

ahousefullofboys said...

Wow! That is quite the haul my friend. I am so glad that you have such a great hubby who will brave the traffic and shop for you. Aww!! Sorry I missed you at the shop on Sunday. I was home with a major migraine. Grrrr.. I will be down there I WILL!!!!!!

Khadijha Caitlin said...

Hi Yvonne,
Sockapalooza socks are on their way. Oh and your final clues are published!

Unknown said...

Wow, great haul! Is that Lorna's Laces in the Georgetown colorway in the first picture? I used the same to make my Clapotis.