Friday, May 18, 2007

Interesting

Davy mentioned to me that in the past week I have been mentioned on Wendy Knits & on Criminy Jickets. I'm starting to feel like a star. As a note, the yarn that Wendy used is my cinder color, it is the orange and black blocks on her miter sweater. So pretty! I have been having a lot of fun watching as her sweater progressed picking out the squares that were from my yarn.

I did want to talk about sockaplooza 4 too. My sockpal, the one that is knitting socks for me, accidentally revealed herself. If you have been reading the comments you might have noticed already. She is Caitlin of The Cresent Knitter. We have been emailing back and forth and she is a lot of fun. I just love her blog! To make up for spoiling who she is she has decided to post up hints about my socks. She is going to post up really blurry photos and keep me guessing until the end. I just think this is one of the greatest ways to do a swap even if the original surprise has been spoiled.

As for my own sockaplooza socks, I am still debating. Actually, I'm debating for no real reason. I have narrowed the pattern down to like 20 patterns, but in my heart I know the one that I want to knit. I think I am going to knit the Maze socks from Sensational Knitted Socks. They are incredible and I was pushed over the edge by seeing Craftylilly knitting them up in Gryffindor colors. I haven't ever made mosaic socks before or mosaic anything, so I think it will be a nice challenge. I'll have photos up of the yarn I plan to use right after I finish up debating whether I will use charcoal or navy blue as the accent color. I am pretty definite on my main color, so that is a good thing at least.

One last interesting bit: Krafty1 now has an Etsy shop. She is selling her handmade cards there. I just had to buy two of my favorite sets and I will show them off when they get here.

1 comment:

Seanna Lea said...

It is definitely cool that you are doing a guessing game with your sock pal. I just like the surprise, so the idea that even with the little snafu you still can have a surprise is terrific.