Thursday, May 31, 2007

And the Winner is...

Marley of Yarn Thing and Dawn of windows to *ME*.

So, contact me at: lavendersheep (at) gmail (dot) com with your address and I will get this limited edition yarn out to you.

I must say that I really loved running this blog contest. I just couldn't believe how many people entered. It is very encouraging to run another one sometime, so we shall see. I did really enjoy reading some new blogs from those of you that commented. You guys have some pretty awesome blogs out there!

Ok, onto some actual knitting content. I am actually just about out of secret knitting projects. That is until some more birthdays roll around or Christmas knitting begins. I'm just not going to post my secret knitting stuff up just yet. So you will just have to content yourselves with a few of my not so secret projects:


This is my Forest Canopy Shawl that I am working on for Knot Another Hat. I am actually hoping to teach a beginning lace class with this pattern this summer and use this pattern. So far it is really fun to knit. I am almost done with the body and soon I will be onto the edging. It is knit with Mountain Colors Weavers Wool Quarters Color Huckleberry.


This is Afghan square #2 for our group. It isn't very far along, but I putter with it every so often. I am hoping that as I work down at Knot Another Hat that I will have more time to work on it. We shall see... This square is the Julie H. Levy square from The Great American Aran Afghan book.


Lastly, I have been working away on my sockaplooza socks. This is really just a little teaser about what is to come. So far I have worked the cuff on size 0s, but the main part of the sock will be on 2s. I really love how springy the cuff turned out. Next I am onto the Mosaic Knitting. I'll show you guys more when I get further along. The yarn I am using is Meilenweit Solid Color Navy and my own LavenderSheep Sock Color Mountain Sunset.

For those of you that are watching and want to know, Sarah had her baby! I'll let her talk more about it in her own time.

3 comments:

YarnThing said...

I am so excited! Nothing like knitting swag!!!

marly
knitthing.blogspot.com

Primrose & Tumbleweeds said...

Wow - what a treat! Thank you so much.

Dawn
www.dawnsellers.typepad.com

knitseashore said...

I love your FCS! The color combo is really pretty.

Congratulations to the winners!