Monday, July 24, 2006

Camping and Updates

My husband and I went camping this past Thursday. We only spent one night, because it has been a few years since we have been camping and we weren't sure if we would like it. We did have lots of fun and I can see us going out on a few more outings. My big accomplishment is that I started my trekking sock. I managed to get the cuff done. This is my first real trek with my sock and since I do belong to Trek along with me for the summer I thought it would be a good idea to get started. The only unfortunate part is that I can't post up on their page because I don't have a Typepad account. Oh, well, I'll just do it anyway, because it is fun.


This is the sock peacefully camping out on the picnic table. It is my first sock that has a pattern to it other than a basic sock construction. I will be using the twin rib pattern from Sensational Knitted Socks. Part of this KAL is to tell where I went with the sock. Well, I'm going to leave it at a campground near/on Mount Hood. The reason being that a great many of the campgrounds in the area were filled up (namely, my favorite, Lost Lake) on a Thursday and I am hoping that if no one but us locals know about this one that it will still be available for future camping trips.


In other finished objects, I have this lovely felted bag. It will be up on my etsy store either today or sometime soon, as well as sock yarn, novelty yarn, and ribbon yarn. All handpainted for your enjoyment.

The same day that I finished the whisper scarf, I also finished this lovely Fiesta scarf. It takes one skein of Fiesta Rayon yarn in color #2142 Jamaican Spice. Cast on 120 stitches on size 13 needles and knit until there is no more yarn. Loose bind-off and ta-da beautiful evening scarf/shawl. It is very lovely when done, but is a tiny bit daunting for an experienced knitter to do all that garter stitch. I'm just very thankful that it is done and sitting quite elegantly down at Knot Another Hat.

No comments: