Thursday, July 13, 2006

KSKS and More Yarn

I got my bag done for KSKS. Actually my mom and I worked on it together as a mother-daughter project. I think it is more fun that way. The fabric is kinda special to me and I really hope that my partner likes it as much as I do.

This fabric I got from Daisy Kingdom in Portland before they went out of business. It was one of my favorite places to shop because they had tons of beautiful fabric and Tech Powells is right across the street, where my husband would go and hang out. I think that this fabric would make really cute curtains and there is still enough left that I can do that if I wish.

This fabric is also really special to me. This was an experiment in college to see if I could handpaint over white on white fabric. It worked! I really love this fabric, especially since the butterflies stand out a little more in some places than others. I should get some more white on white and do a little more painting sometime.

This is my latest handspun and is, unfortunately, not going to my ksks pal. It is superwash and is intended for socks. It should be knit on a 3-5 needle, so a little heavy for socks. I need to work on getting superfine so that I can really make some cool sock yarn. I named this one Raspberry Ice Tea because it is primarily raspberry color with little flecks of white and yellow throughout it. It just makes me think summery thoughts. And with that I am going to head out into the world and enjoy the summery day!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I'm just going to have to get a blog..how do you decide which one to use?......you and your mum make a great team...