Monday, November 11, 2013

Sneak Peek!

So if you are wondering where all the wool fiber went in the shop, most of it went to the sale page from what is leftover from the sale. You can find it here: http://www.lavendersheep.com/shop/sale.html. There is a little more Mixed BFL I need to post, which will hopefully be done soon!


So why all the change? Well, I have decided to go in a slightly different direction. I have always had a love of locally grown fibers. I have searched locally, but it's really tough to find quality processed locally grown yarns and fibers at a price where both the farmer and I can make a profit. I have been thinking it over a lot lately, when it struck me, Imperial Stock Ranch! They are local to Oregon and have one of the best sustainable farms in the US. So much so that Ralph Lauren has commissioned them to provide the yarn for this next year's Olympic Sweaters! (Thank goodness I got my order in before that hit the news!!!)

I have decided to start a new line of yarns and fibers under the title MIO (Made In Oregon). All of the Imperial Stock Ranch fibers will be MIO-Columbia. So far I will have roving. pencil roving, and an Aran weight yarn. My plan is to start dyeing them this week. So if you have a favorite colorway you would like to see, please let me know, either in the comments or email me at lavendersheep(at)gmail(dot)com. Thanks!

No comments: