Monday, November 04, 2013

Polka Dot Hat & Booties

Fresh off the needles: A hat (rav link) and booty (rav link) set for my friend Lorajean of Knitted Wit!


The pattern is Polka Dot Bootees and Hat from Adorable Knits for Tots by Zoe Mellor (rav link). I really enjoyed making these, though I did modify the pattern for the hat. I made the ribbing shorter so it was a beany instead of making it extra long and folding it over. I also knit it in the round because I think seams are uncomfortable for soft baby heads. The yarn I used was my new Superwash Sport in Color Hibiscus. I love love love this colorway! I have seen a rising trend for babies to use deep colors instead of pastels and that's where this colorway works great. It says baby girl without being too babyish, if you know what I mean. I love the yarn and I definitely plan on knitting up some more baby things with it. Maybe there will even be a
new baby pattern in the future!

No comments: