Thursday, May 31, 2012

Strawberry

So, the Snowbunny Set I designed was for my son, so I thought I should design something for the baby soon to be! I love berry hats! I even knit a Strawberry hat for the new baby! Then I couldn't help making little matching mitts. Of course this inspired me to make my own hat and then another one! I couldn't decide whether I liked leaves on the bottom or leaves on top, so I included both in the pattern!



Here is a side view of the whole set. I wrote the pattern for sizes Newborn, 6 month, 1 year, and 2 year. The mitts are also written for all sizes and are thumbless. I knit it out of 1 skein of Superwash Worsted in color Smokey Rose (red) and 1 skein of Superwash Worsted in color Sea Turtle (green). You only need 1 skein of each to knit both hats and the mitts in even the largest size. You can easily get other berry types by changing the color too. For instance Berry Pie would make an excellent generic berry, or Summer Sky for blueberry, or Bordeaux if you prefer a darker strawberry. The possibilities are endless!


Here is the top view of the set. You can purchase the pattern through the website or through Ravelry! Let me know what you think! Thanks!

1 comment:

knotttyk said...

Oh, Yvonne, they're so sweet!!!