Thursday, October 13, 2011

Keyhole Scarf

Ok, I did finish one quick project. About a month ago my mom showed me this scarf they got in at the shop where she works. The construction was interesting, but it was made out of acrylic yarn. She really wanted one out of a natural fiber, so I found a pattern and knit her one.


It's called a keyhole scarf (rav link). I found quite a few patterns on Ravelry. I decided to go with the free one by Martha Stewart. The pattern was good and very straight forward. I would say my only complaint is that it's too straight forward. It's definitely written for a base beginner with diagrams for every single step. The downside of this is that the pattern which could have been printed on a single page actually takes 3 pages. It is a pretty quick knit. I knit it in under a week. The yarn is also very special to me in that I swapped with a dyer friend of mine for it. It is Stitchjones Dyepot Worsted Superwash Merino in color Harvest Home. I have a bit leftover, so I might find something else to do with it too. I really love the colors and the way it turned out.

No comments: