Monday, August 08, 2011

Socks After Sock Summit

Right before Sock Summit I went on a bit of a sock knitting kick. I whipped out a pair for a friend's birthday as a test knit for a pattern I am writing and finished off a pair for my husband.


This is the test knit pair for a friend (rav link). They are knit out of Cascade 128 Superwash Chunky in color #845 Denim. I knit these up in just a couple of days. They were a lot of fun and used less than 1 ball of yarn. I'll definitely have more to say about the pattern later when I get it all together.



These are the socks for my husband (rav link). I finished them just about 3 years to the day. He has size 12 feet, which means sock knitting is very slow going on #2US needles. I think the next pair I knit for him will be out of much chunkier yarn. This yarn, which was a dream to knit with, is Alpaca Sox in color #1875. The pattern I made up myself. It uses a garter rib, which helped to hold my interest when I actually was knitting on them.

Note: I will be out of town this week, so any orders placed now through Friday will be shipped on Monday. Thank you for your understanding!

No comments: