Tuesday, June 08, 2010

Birch Scarf

I'm always amazed how blocking can make a lace scarf go from this:


to this:



All neat and pretty and happy! I love blocking lace! I also love entrelac, and this scarf is where those two loves meet! The pattern is Gardiner Yarn Works Birch (rav link), by Chrissy Gardiner. The pattern features 3 sizes, scarf, stole, or shawl. I chose to knit the scarf size as a booth sample for Black Sheep Gathering. I think it will look really pretty on display.


The yarn is my Tencel Sock yarn in color Summer Sky. It took less than a single skein to knit up the whole scarf, which is 7" x 60". A pretty ample scarf in my opinion. It was definitely a fun knit. I loved knitting it because I could get a square done while X was napping or a triangle done in the evening. A little here and a little there and I have a whole scarf knit in no time!

I actually dyed some oddball leftovers I had to make this. I think I had a skein and a half between 2 balls and this only used up one of the balls. I was so happy to have leftovers of this pretty yarn that I made X a summer hat. I'll post about that next time! Until then, happy knitting!