Wednesday, January 13, 2010

Happy Blogiversary!

This is my 4th blogiversary! It's quite exciting to think about actually. Here is a link to my very first post! It's just amazing so much time has passed by!

So, I have decided to do something a little different this year. I definitely want to keep all of my semi-solid colors, since they are all so popular. So I will definitely be keeping: Berry Pie, Bordeaux, Midnight Rose, Moss, Mountain Sunset, Purple Blackberry, Sea Turtle, Smokey Rose, Snapdragon, and Summer Sky.

So that left me with picking the top 15 (I was going to only do a top 10, but there are too many pretty colors) from the variegated yarns. So, from your votes I got this top 15: 1. Mine, Don't Touch! 2. Peninah 3. Espresso 4. Firefighter 5. Monet 6. Strawberry Shortcake 7. Truffle 8. Wild Violets 9. Childs Play 10. Cirque 11. Columbia River 12. Provence 13. Mech 14. Dragon Fire 15. Vineyard.

These will be the colors I dye year round. I may also add in some seasonal favorites throughout the year. I also have 4-5 new colors up my sleeve, I just have to do a bit of experimenting in the dye studio to see what comes up!

Ok, so onto the winners:

Winner #1 is Lizziek8!!! Her comment was:
OMG...how to choose?????
Mine, Don't Touch!
Firefighter
Child's Play

All are gorgeous!
Winner #2 is PghCathy!!! Her Comment was:
Happy blogiversay!
I'd choose:

Snapdragon
Candy Cane Lane
Autumn Splender

All bright, cheery colors...so different from what's outside my windows!

Since both ladies love such bright colors, I am going to send each one a skein of Tencel Sock yarn in Vineyard with Gardiner Yarn Works newly released Sunset Beach Sock pattern! So, email me your addresses and I will get them sent off right away!

2 comments:

Cathy said...

Yeah! This is so exciting! Hubby came in to see what the fuss was about! I'm sending you an email right now.

LizzieK8 said...

Feel the same way! E-mail on the way!