Wednesday, March 18, 2009

Socks!

I have socks to share today!


I finished one Brick Rib Sock! Just in time for it to be a sample for the Spring Sale this weekend. They are such fun socks to knit. I just love them. By the time I finished the leg I had the pattern memorized. It is really simple once you get going. What I also love is that it mixes up the colors. I don't mind how my yarn does little mini stripes when knit, but sometimes I like to see a bit more texture. If you look at the bottom of the foot you will see how it should have striped and then you can look at the leg to see how it really blends the colors together. I probably would have finished this sock much faster if I didn't stop every couple of rows and oooh and aaah over it. The yarn is my Superwash Sock Yarn in color Day at the Fair.


My other sock related project are these bitty socks I am knitting up for my cousin. She is supposed to visit in early April and she recently announced she is having a baby in September. So I thought I would whip up a pair of LavenderLamb Baby Socks. I am using some leftover Dale of Norway Baby Ull in Color Butter Cream. I did think about using one of my kits, but I decided I didn't want to "steal" one right before the show.

I also finished up the Venice Beach Tank, but I think it deserves a post of its own. So I am off to do some more work getting ready for the show.

No comments: