Monday, May 05, 2008

TKG Shop Hop

On Saturday I went on the Tigard Knitting Guild's Shop Hop! I had a lot of fun and got a lot of loot and photos:
Here is the wonderful bus to take us on our journey! The guy on the left was our wonderful driver Marv!
First off we each received a beautiful basket from Lantern Moon. It was filled with some nice things, like a bag from Woolgirl, crochet hooks from Abundant Yarn, and donations from many other shops.


This is what it looked like in most of the shops. This is actually The Naked Sheep. We also visited Tangle Knitting Studio, Wool n Wares, Abundant Yarn & Dyeworks, Close Knit and Twisted. All of the shops were really cool and definitely worth visiting if you are in the area.

We stopped for lunch at Abundant Yarn. They had really tasty sandwiches! I can see myself eating lunch there again sometime. They also had a ton of yarn and really helpful people. I also knew a few people on the trip! As you can see there is Donna and Chrissy. Donna is the wonderful President of the TKG and one of the main organizers of the whole event! If you look really closely you can also see Katrina holding the bottle of orange soda. Also along on the trip that I didn't manage to photograph were Amanda, who sat next to me on the bus, and Tammy with her daughter Kim. It was so awesome to see all of these people and catch up with them in person!

Ok, now for the good stuff! The yarn! I really didn't get that much or at least I feel that way! Some of the ladies on the trip had lists of projects. I saw one lady with a spreadsheet of projects with a list competitive yarn prices and everything. I got a few things that I really really liked and made some mental notes of where to go when I need something in the future. Pictured above from left to right is Cascade Superwash Paints (so many colors I could hardly choose), Alpaca Sox (for my hubby for driving me that early in the morning), Meilenweit Mega Boot Stretch (just for me!), and 3 balls of Noro Kureyon (because most projects require 3 balls). I tried to pick yarn that I couldn't get locally or I thought was interesting. I am looking forward to making those alpaca socks for my husband, though I probably won't have to get them done until it is cold outside again!

I did also find some really neat patterns. I really love to collect baby patterns and when I saw these I had to have them! I actually saw these same baby booty patterns online this last week. You can buy them directly from the designer in her etsy shop! I definitely will have to make up a few pairs of these!

During the trip everybody got at least one raffle prize! There were 55 prizes donated, 2 of them donated by me! There were awesome things ranging from balls of yarn to a lifetime supply of Kookaburra Woolwash! The raffle I got was this really cool bag with a ball of Berrocco Sox and a notepad. It was donated by Molehill Farms. The TKG also includes a thank you card with every raffle prize so all I have to do is write them a nice note, add a stamp, and send it off!


Lastly, as if everything else wasn't enough, we got these really cool bags from Namaste! They donated enough for everyone on the trip to get one! They open at the top and bottom with a divider in the middle, which means double the projects! I actually got mine a teensy bit early because I had Blair meet me at Twisted so he wouldn't have to drive all the way back to Lake Oswego to pick me up. While I was out having fun he hit the lego store and Powells. He said he had a good day too!

I had a lot of fun on this trip! I think I will definitely go again next year, only I will be much more prepared! I did have a lot of fun visiting shops I had never visited before. I will definitely have to give a full report to my knitting group this next week!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Yikes...bring it all! You had way too much fun without us, so...next year we all go! See you Tuesday.
Teri

Penny said...

WOW! What a trip and what amazing goodies! May you enjoy them in good health.

knitseashore said...

It sounds like so much fun! I don't think we have anything here like that. Enjoy your new yarn!

Kookaburra said...

We are so glad you gave our Kookaburra Wash in the raffle. :) Thanks for using Kookaburra!