Friday, April 04, 2008

Knitting & Charity

Ok, this week has been a little hectic, to say the least. I wanted to post this post up at the beginning of the week, but here it is already Friday!


Last weekend we went to a friend's birthday party for their 1 year old son. He is such a cutie! You can check out her post about the birthday party here! I decided that I would make the Hooded Sweater from Debbie Bliss Special Knits for him. I started somewhere near the beginning of the month, knowing that his birthday was sometime in March. Luckily this is a pretty fast knit. This is the 1 year size, but like many of Debby's patterns, it is on the larger size. I would say 12-18 months. At least it should fit the little guy for awhile! I knit it out of Nashua Creative Focus Superwash in color #0014 Sky Blue. It took 3 balls, but I had 50 grams of yarn leftover, which should be plenty for a hat or something else later on.

I also wanted to mention that Debby of Knit Seashore posted up the winner of the first drawing for the Charlie Yarn. Congratulations Karen! She also posted up some neat links to patterns for 2 cat's paw scarves (here and here), a cat's paw sock, and a cat's face sock. I also really like Wendy's pattern for cat's paw lace socks. All of the patterns, with maybe a little adjustment to the socks for gauge, should work just fine with the Charlie Yarn.

Speaking of the Charlie Yarn, my husband and I made the first donation to Get Your Guts in Gear this last weekend! Why so early? Well we figured out that Google, where my husband works, would match any funds that we donate to a charity, but it takes them roughly a month to process. So if we donate now, then they should match before the race happens! We are still fundraising for them of course! We just thought that it would be a good way to maximize our donation! Cool, huh? We will send in another donation around Memorial Day, so keep those sales coming!

2 comments:

knitseashore said...

Thank you so much for the donation and for creating the Charlie's Yarn.

Your recipient is going to love that sweater!!

Anonymous said...

That is great news - thank you so much again for creating the Charlie Yarn and for being so generous in supporting us.

And I know the little guy's going to love the sweater!