Sunday, November 19, 2006

This & That

I have been knitting, but mostly for Christmas, so can't show any pictures. I will, hopefully, have a pattern up soon that I have designed for Christmas, but no pictures. I will put pictures on my Etsy shop though, so we shall see. I really want to have this pattern up, because I am rather proud of it. I'm also thinking kits, which will be so much fun.


This is a project that I can show. I have a commission for a scarf that is 12" x 90". The upside being that she doesn't want it until January 5th, so I have plenty of time. The downside being that it is 12" x 90"!!! I decided to knit it in entrelac, because I love entrelac. Also because she wanted to preserve the fabulous colors that are in this yarn. The yarn is Miner Creek Alpaca color Fiesta #112 from Miner Creek Alpaca in White Salmon, Washington (right across the Columbia River from here). Marina, who owns Miner Creek Alpaca has the yarn processed from the alpacas she raises right there. Some of it is dyed at the mill and some of it she dyes herself. It is sold exclusively through Knot Another Hat. This is how far I got yesterday, so I think there is a pretty good chance that I will get it done before it is due. It is now my project that I knit around my family so that they don't know about their Christmas goodies.


I thought I would share these with you: Stitchionary 1, Stitchionary 2, Stitchionary 3. I got this set because I have been working pretty hard and I thought I would treat myself. They are really really pretty books. I love all the different stitch patterns. I don't remember where I heard it from, but somebody said that every designer should have a good pattern book (Knitters Handy guide to sweaters & patterns - check) and a good stitch dictionary. This completes that list. I just looked through all of them and I got so many ideas for sweaters and all sorts of projects it just made my head swim. I really love them. The only downside to them is they are a bit on the spendy side for knitting books. Still, though, if you are looking for a good set of stitch dictionaries with beautiful images and great descriptions check out these books.

No comments: