Sunday, November 26, 2006

First Snow

Is winter really here? It just might be:


We have snow. Actually I think most of the Northwest has snow. So far we are good. My husband put chains on the car and we headed out and even opened up Knot Another Hat. Apparently yarn shops are the place to be when there is a snow storm, just in case you are wondering. I was surprised that anybody ventured out in this snow, but they did! (Btw the grey bit at the top is the snow cloud that hung around all day!)


Here is my husband shoveling off the walk. Check out his blog for more photos of the snow. He had to get the walk swept and everything prepared for him to go off to work tomorrow (and for me to go off to work today). It is very important! He love his job, and for those of you that I haven't already told, he is working for Google making sure that the internet still works. Actually I have no idea what he really does, but making the internet work sounds good.


I really love this picture of the snow on trees. I can almost imagine that I am in the middle of nowhere except for the power lines that are on the left side. Please ignore those and bask in the beauty of freshly fallen snow encrusting each twig.


Oh, yes, and the knitting content. Like I said I needed to knit something in front of the family. I got a bunch of progress done over Thanksgiving on the Entrelac Scarf. I really love how it is coming together. I got a lot of compliments on it while working at the shop. My goal is to convert the masses to entrelac. The pattern is just about any entrelac pattern. It is 6 sts by 12 rows, which should make sense if you look at an entrelac pattern. I must admit that I just changed Criminy Jickets Garterlac pattern (on the sidebar) back into entrelac because it was the first entrelac pattern I could find. This scarf is knit on size 5s. The yarn is Miner Creek Alpaca color Fiesta #112. I might write the pattern out and offer it for free if enough people are interested.

6 comments:

midgeling said...

It looks lovely! I would be interested in the pattern if you decide to share. I amloving the snow. Not much of it here south of Seattle, but I will take what I can get!

Anonymous said...

wow. it's been in the 60s here! (which is unseasonal).

it's wonderful that you both love your jobs. :) may every couple be so blessed.

the entrelac is very nice. entrelac is great. :)

Anonymous said...

I AM INTERESTED IN YOUR MODIFIED FREE PATTERN. It will be the first time that I will try Entrelac Knitting. Your scarf looks great!!!


I AM LOOKING FOR THIS ONE:

My goal is to convert the masses to entrelac. The pattern is just about any entrelac pattern. It is 6 sts by 12 rows, which should make sense if you look at an entrelac pattern. I must admit that I just changed Criminy Jickets Garterlac pattern (on the sidebar) back into entrelac because it was the first entrelac pattern I could find. This scarf is knit on size 5s. The yarn is Miner Creek Alpaca color Fiesta #112. I might write the pattern out and offer it for free if enough people are interested.

THANK YOU
Elena
elenaw99@hotmail.com

Yvonne said...

I'm so happy to see your post on entrelac. It's a total mystery to me and I'm going to start out with the garterlac dishcloth 2. Thanks! (I've learned over the years to start with small projects for learning these things, rather than, like, jumping into a huge cardigan or afghan.)

The snow photos are gorgeous! Our trees are still covered this mroning, but the snow has stopped.

Tina T-P said...

Belated thanks for the pumpkin recipe ideas - we now have about 25# of pumpkin in the freezer - neatly packed in 2 cup packages, just ready for a pie - I have a great bundt cake recipe that I got out of the Cake Mix Doctor cookbook - everyone always raves - my DH is trying to eat less sugar, so I came up with a pumpkin pie recipe using part Splenda & part brown sugar. Do you suppose the cookies would work with Splenda - I liked the idea of adding the oatmeal to it - I think that might help give it some body without the real sugar.

Anyhow, I digress - I enjoy your blog - I don't knit, (I do crochet - baby blankets for friends mostly) but I am learning to spin (we have 9 Shetland sheep, so there are lots of fleeces to practice on)

Stay warm with all the cold weather we've been having (it's finally up to 16 degrees here in Bellingham, WA) Cheers - T.

Anonymous said...

Hey Vonnie-
Hope you are staying warm and your paths are all shoveled beautifully. With a big strong snow shoveler you should be all set for the snowy conditions.. heeheh.. My boys have had a blast shoveling while it's still snowing.
Des