Sunday, February 12, 2006

KO: Day 2: Bad Day All Around

Row: 40
I am so sorry it just seems like day 2 was not a good day for people. Of course I am talking about myself and the lovely Fiberduck. I'm not quite as bad as having to take my whole piece out, for which I would just have to cry. Mine is more of I am 5 rows short for the day, hence why I am up at this awful time in the morning. I tend to be a bit morning-phobic and on top of it I can't drink coffee, which really sucks. More of my dilemma comes from it has been 2 days and I have gone through 2 balls of yarn. I only have 7 balls and so far each one of the balls is only doing about 20 rows. I am starting to have panic attacks just thinking about it since the body is going to be 207 rows. I just don't think it is going to make it and it isn't like you can magically just buy more handspun yarn. There isn't even more of the roving to get (cry!).

Ok, so I think I have thought of a plan. I am going to go down to Sarah's lovely shop and I am going to find something to supplement the other amount of yarn. I am thinking maybe something black or white, I am still debating. I have to go down there for troubleshooting class anyway (troubleshooting being I will help anyone with a knitting problem or pattern for the low cost of $10 and 50% goes to charity, come by if you are in the area). I still can't totally understand why I am so short on yarn. I mean I realize that llama is denser than a wool/silk combo, but I have twice the weight of yarn and I know that the yardage should be pretty comparable. Well, I can't figure it out. So, anyway, here is my progress for today:

2 comments:

Sara M said...

handspun is tricky that way. blech. sooo... you've used 14 oz so far? How long is the body? It be okay... It's a drop shoulder sweater, right? You could do the sleeves in another colour?

Sara M said...

oh, and it's so lovely too (just looked at the close-up)