Wednesday, November 26, 2014

BW: Lichen Shawl

When I created the 5 colorways for Beautiful Wreck I never thought that I would fall so in love with one particular color. That colorway being Betta. As you may have noticed, I am a purple sort of girl. I also love a lot of greens and blues. Oranges, browns, and golds usually not much at all. However, that changed when I made this colorway. It just is so earthy and breathtaking. I want to knit everything out of it!



So, when Larissa Brown suggested we knit up a few of her shawls inspired by the book out of my new colorways, I instantly knew I needed to have a Lichen Shawl out of Betta. After all, different lichens are just what Betta used to dye with. 

I also couldn't help draping said shawl around the beautiful oak tree in my yard. Doesn't it look like it just belongs there?


The yarn I chose for this project is the new MIO Columbia Sport. Grown right here in Oregon and then dyed by me. It makes for a gorgeous combination. It reminds me of the golden hills of Eastern Oregon, much like the area where this wool was grown. Best of all, it only takes a single skein!


I also decided not to block the shawl as vigorously as the pattern shows. I liked the slight curl of the edges, because it looked more like lichen to me. As you can see it can be worn a variety of different ways. Kits are available in the shop and are ready to ship out today!

I hope everyone has a wonderful Thanksgiving holiday! I plan on spending mine knitting and getting ready for the holidays! Don't forget: Luxury Yarn Sale ends on Sunday!

No comments: