Wednesday, May 21, 2014

Mt Hood Ear Flap Hat Revisited!


I decided to remake a pattern (rav link) I designed years ago. Originally the pattern went with my Twist yarn, which has long since been discontinued. I loved the pattern and so I decided to make it over with my Superwash Worsted. I changed the gauge because I feel like the Superwash Worsted is on the light side of worsted. It feels so good to knit it on 6s, so that's what I did. I knit this out of half a skein in color Crown Point. I think it would be a great hat for snow boarders or skiers. Look at how good it looks with bright colors!




Of course the little miss has to get in on the action! She loves hats and immediately had to put it on during my photo shoot. This is the small adult size (21"). I think she has a ways to go before she grows into it!

No comments: