Monday, February 24, 2014

Thrum Booties

I love baby booties. They are so quick and easy! Every baby should have at least one handknit pair!


I finished these back in December. It literally took me less than an afternoon to make them and it was my first time thrumming! The pattern is Teething Booties (rav link). The yarn is MIO Columbia Aran in Dark Roast with MIO Columbia Pencil Roving in Mine, Don't Touch! for the thrums. I have the yarn and pattern all in stock in The Shop!


Here is a look at the thrums on the inside. I did pick and choose my colors so I would get all of them in the tiny slipper. There is a lot of fiber in one skein of pencil roving. I would guess with one skein of each you could make 2-3 pairs of booties and still have plenty of roving left over.


Here is the outside. So cute! I definitely plan on making them for the next person I know expecting a baby! For now I will just have to satisfy myself with having this little one in the booth as a sample!

No comments: