Monday, July 15, 2013

On the Needles

I have been knitting, but for some things I don't have the right photos yet for others I'm waiting for the right moment to reveal them. I have some really pretty things in the works for this fall. In the mean time I'll share some things I can share which are in progress:


I like to keep a pair of socks (rav link) on #3US and DK weight yarn for my husband on the needles at all times. That way I know I have something simple to knit where I don't need a pattern. I take them along to knit group sometimes when I don't have anything easy to take. If I take something complicated then I usually have to rip it back out or fix mistakes. No good. These are knit out of Madelintosh Tosh DK. Mmmm....so pretty. 

The other ongoing project is the Duck Scarf (rav link). I went to University of Oregon, so I have to make a scarf out of my Silky Sock in colors Lemon Lime. I really love how it is turning out.














Here is a close up where you can see the "duck feet." The pattern is technically Gardiner Yarn Works Snowdrop Scarf, but I have always thought the little snowdrop motif looked like duck feet. I know there are other Duck fans out there, so I had to share it. I knit it mostly at shows, but I'm hoping to get it finished up before Oregon Flock and Fiber for the booth.








One last thing: Don't forget to check out the Fabulous Summer Fiber Sale going on in the shop! 25% off of lots of beautiful spinning fibers!

No comments: